Halong Bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
December 9th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Halong BayHalong BayHalong Bay

Halong Bay Overview
Halong Bay is located in the Northeastern part of Vietnam and constitutes part of the western bank of Bac Bo Gulf, including the sea area of Halong city and Cam Pha town and part of Van Don island district.

Halong Bay is made of 1,969 islands in various shapes, 989 of which have been given names. There are two kinds of islands: limestone and schist concentrated in two main zones: the southeast (Bai Tu Long Bay) and Southwest (belonging to Halong Bay). Halong Bay is famous for its spectacular scenery of grottoes and caves rising in the central zone of Halong Bay, which has considered as a World Heritage.

Viewed from above, Halong Bay resembles a work of art with grottoes and caves in various shapes. Coming here, you are totally free to amazing and gain enjoyments. For example, the Man's Head island resembles a man standing and looking towards the mainland. Dragon island looks like a dragon hovering above turquoise water or La Vong Island resembles an old man fishing... You can discover a lot of interesting things when you explore Halong Bay, which you never have had in other destinations all over the world.

More interesting, Halong Bay has a close link with the history of Vietnam. That means traveling to Halong Bay is a good chance for you to learn more about Vietnam in the past. For example, there are such famous geographical sites as Van Don (site of an ancient commercial port), Poem Mountain (with engravings of many poems about emperors and other famous historical figures), and Bach Dang River (the location of two fierce naval battles fought against foreign aggressors)

Halong Bay nowadays is one of the most outstanding beauty spots in Vietnam. It has attracted millions of tourist each year to explore. Halong Bay has been officially recognized as a natural heritage site of worldwide importance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb