Offensive behaviour in halong bay


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
August 14th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Hanoi we went ona trip to Halong Bay, which loads of islands just sort of jutting out of nowhere. Very pretty. the trip was a bit of a joke though... we were meant to do a few hours kayaking,; we got 15 mins as the sun set. We were meaat to go for a swim and hang out round the beach; after much begging we got half hour from 6am, swimming round the boat. We tried to make the best of it though, thoguht we'd all haev a good night by bypassing the extortinate on boat drinks and buying some off a small girl ina boat. This, we soon discovered, was not allowed. Now, fair dues, we did wrong, but the response! One of the boat men came up of deck and just started yelling at us! You shouldn't have bought that, what are you doing, is cheap its horrible you'll get sick, and if you get sick i won't take you to hospital so you'll die. Buit harsh eh?! Anyway, despite the whole crew gouing to bed about 8pm on all the chairs inside, we managed to have a very good night twatting about on the deck... and when the heavens opened, we huddled undera ridiculously small shelter. By that time of course boys, being boys, were jumping into the sea anyway, so it didn't much matter. So yeh, shit trip, but good laugh! They were all french as it goes which was another blow to me and Shell's anti-French sentiments ;o) - turns out we're wrong, and they're all really nice! Oh yeh i almost forgot, tyhwe trip had one good, well really funny thing. We went to see these big caves, massive staglamites and stalagtites (you gotta have a system), but they filled it with multi-coloured lights to the extent that it really felt like Professor Burps Bubble Works. proper disney style... Oh yeh, we also started our nipple purge. We'd never really noticed before, presumably always being blessed with boyfriends with normal sized nipples (thats you davey!), but some boys have got freaky ones! Like teeny tiny like just the protruding bit, or huge like a tin lid. Seriously, ladies, make the effort to asdk boys to show you there nipples, they rarely mind, and you'll probably be surprised by what you see there!

But yes, this trip, cos of the RUDENESS, the death wishing, and the lack of promised actiaivites, made it our first official complaint of the trip. and my did it fall on deaf ears! basically, we made our fuss, and as we had another trip booked with them they were all nice, put us up ina hotel, and said they'd sort it out when we got back. i mean we're not stupid, we knew that we'd get nothing more out of them once we'd been on the second trip, but y'know, worth a shot. So when we got back from the second trip (to sapa), we went back and reasserted our complaint, to which they said oh we can't give you anything back without the boss saying, so we asked to speak to him, but of course he's too busy, so we asked for his number, which was begrudgingly given, and gave him a bell. Now sofia took the call, and was the air of politeness and professionalism... she told him our complaints, and that we would like some kind of compensation. He offered us a dollar back. we pointed out that was a tad pathetic. and he told us to fuck off us fucking stupid cunts. Again, not a high standard of customer care!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb