Last Day


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I thought we were ready to go home. We had been getting on each others nerves- We have been together 24/7 for 3 weeks now and I am dying for a cold glass of milk. That all changed after today. We had one of the best days yet. We took the three hour long trip to Halong Bay and set sail on a boat which toured the bay. While relaxing on the sundeck, we enjoyed the views of the fantastic outcroppings. The pictures do not do it justice. After we swam, we had a marvelous seafood lunch which included fish, crab, octopus, and shrimp- heads and tails included. Some of these outcroppings have caves in them and we stopped and went inside. Unlike caves in the US, this cave was hot and humid (because it is above ground, not underground) but I have never seen such a large room filled with stalactites and stalagmites. It was huge.
The day was perfect. Tomorrow at 1:30 pm. we leave Vietnam to Singapore to Frankfort to NYC to Chicago and finally to home. I am not looking forward to the flight, but it was well worth the time, money and effort. I would do this again in a heartbeat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb