Halong Bay : The cruise ....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
June 5th 2007
Published: June 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we arrived in Hanoi Very late a on Saturday night with no plans but one idea in Mind : Halong Bay. That is why most people come hanoi, so we wanted to go there the next day. So we booked a trip with the travel agency which was in our hotel and as we wanted to enjoy this once in a lifetime experience to the fullest, we decided to book a deluxe tour. a very bad idea actuallly.

The cruise in halong bay was agreat experience, it was so beautiful with the sun. we visited a huge cave called "surprising cave" , had lunch on the boat , climbed on top of one of the 1000 islands to a viewpoint (400 hundred steps please) , went for a swim, went kayaking : a real good day to say the least.

the only bad thing about this trip was the fact that our "deluxe boat" ran out of electricity at 2.30 in the morning, which means no more fan, no more AC (the main reason of why we paid the extra bucks....)... So we ended up sleeping on the roof of te boat, (we took the all room with us : mattress, pillow sheets.... quite an adventure), in the end we enjoyed it quite much in spite of the rain ... We could not miss the sunrise this way...

Next day we went to Cat Ba Island, which is a resort town full of vietnamese tourists. we went to the beach realaxed a little, ate the best spring rolls ever... nice.

The third day we went back to Halong City under the rain . It was also nice to see halong bay with fog ... maybe even prettier as all these rocks really seem to becoming out of no where.

Well : one advice for your halong bay trip : take some time to look what trip you are getting into ! (because I did not talked about the crappy minibus, the food that was less than good and many other details that made this trip much less than deluxe...)





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Charlotte et l'ananas...Charlotte et l'ananas...
Charlotte et l'ananas...

le 1584 eme des vacances
Charlotte et l\Charlotte et l\
Charlotte et l\

en pleine degustation
relaxrelax
relax

....taking it easy


13th June 2007

comme j'aimerais y être!!!... à paris il fait moyennement beau (mais alors vraiment moyennement) :( je veux fuir loin, très loin........ Profitez en à fond!!!!!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb