Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế
September 16th 2012
Published: October 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey!!!

So after our marathon sleeper bus journey we arrived in Hue at 10am, we found our hotel, Jade hotel which we would highly recommend!! As soon as we arrived they made us a yummy complimentary breakfast while we waited for our room and gave us a map and recommended places to visit. Every time we came back to the hotel they sat us in reception and gave us glasses of yummy cold juice and cold towels and the breakfast every morning was beautiful!! Fresh hot baguettes, eggs made to order or pancakes and fruit!!

In Hue we took it easy, we stayed here for 2 days. On our first day we spent some time walking around the walled citadel and the Imperial city which were both really nice. The citadel is a Hugh walled city surrounded by a moat, each wall is 10km long so you can imagine how big it is. Inside this is the forbidden city were the emperor and concubines lived, which is again surrounded by walls and a moat. Both were heavily bombed by the Americans during the war and there is still a lot of work going on to restore the Imperial city.

On our second day we went to the Then mu Pagoda which Is the largest pagoda in Vietnam and also to the tomb of the former emporer Tu Duc. There are a number of tombs in hue but there isn't really much else to do. A lot of people arrange a motorbike tour to the DMZ (demilitarized zone) and the old american combat base khe sanh but unfortunately we didn't have enough time go to these which was a bit disapointing.

Our next stop is Hoi an where we are going to get some clothes made!

Bye for now


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb