Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
June 16th 2011
Published: June 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We literally went to Hue as a stop off on our way to Hanoi, as we were unable to get a straight bus! Hue was quite nice. On the first day we did some sightseeing and wenmt to visit the Citadel! However, after an hour a monsoon hit and we got absolutly drenched! It was suprisingly beautiful though as all of these frogs started to come out of the grass and there were literally hundreds of frogs all over the citadel! They were loving the rain! The citadel was really beautiful as well, all reds and golds! We went back to our hostel to dry off and then headed out again to visit the Pagoda! The river surrounding the pagoda was pretty cool, it smelt like flowers and we were unsure whether it was the 'Perfume River' that we had read about in our guide book. The Pagoda had lots of gorgeous gold buddahs and monuments! And i found the biggest snail i have ever seen!!! Definatly my highlight! I just love snails! He wasnt really loving me though when i picked him up but i just think he was shy! I named him Betty (hes a feminine snail). We spent the rest of the evening looking around the boutiques! I didnt really find anything as i forgot how tiny Vietnamese are and how they dont cater for anyone over a size 8! Very sad for me!lol! We did however find an amazing restaurant with the best spring rolls iv eaten to date! (Maybe this is why i dont fit into their clothes, i am actually obsessed with food)!haha!

We had an early night again as we decided to get up early and go to the beach before our night bus to Hanoi! The beach was quite nice as it was practically deserted but Lisa, Katie and Emily were hounded a bit by some street sellers so we only stayed for 2 hours! Hue was ok but i felt it was really only a stop over to Hanoi!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb