Perfume River


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

One of the things you must do in Hue is a cruise down the Perfume River. As we had had 5 early starts in a row we decided to have a sleep in and consequently missed the group tour down the river, so we decided to charter our own boat and go for a cruise. After a lot of price negotiation we were taken out on a dragon boat and cruised up river to see another pagoda, and the tomb of Tu Doc.

At the pagoda we just jumped off, took a few photos and jumped back on. We then cruised about another 45 mins upriver to get to where we thought the tomb was, however we were about to fall victim to our first scam, the cunning lady on the boat told us we had to get a motorbike (and $$$) from where she was dropping us off to the tomb, then you have to pay to get into the tomb as well! After all the drama the tomb was really impressive, interesting to see how much effort they go to for their leaders (& their leaders concubines)!

Had some lunch when we got back from our cruise at which Anna enjoyed the best meal she's had since we've been here. Then had an easy afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb