WOO WOO and VROOM VROOM!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
March 4th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yes just what it sounds like in the title =D

Well maybe not so happy about the WOO WOO part. You see on the evening of the 2nd and into the morning of the 3rd, we took the over night train from Hanoi to Hue and lets just say that it was 100%!m(MISSING)y least favorite part of this trip. It was nothing like the over night train that we took in Thailand. In fact it was a complete 180 from that. It was dirty, noisy, people were smoking on the train, and to top it off, I am pretty sure that they dont change or wash the sheets. PRETTY sick. And with the motion of this train; jerking and swaying, i did not sleep a wink. And to add to my unhappiness, when we were going to get to the train that night, we took a bus, and on my way to throw my bag in the bus, i stepped in the open sewage! And yes it is and was as bad as it sounds!..... Like i shall not describe to you the smell or the feeling because i am sure it will make me sick, let alone you =)

So then my day turned around, when we got to the hotel and it is the most amazing place we have stayed at yet! It is ranked one of the #1 hotels here on the coast, and i got one of the massive rooms! There is a couch, TV, bar, and the best of all.... a big bed, and the pillows are so fluffy like at home! Made my day. But because i was sooooo tired, i did not go out with the group yesterday afternoon, and Jodie, Rosie and I took 4 hour naps, and then we hired 3 moterbikes to take us around into the country! IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! Up to this point I was not so sure what everyone liked about Vitetnam that I had talked too... but now i see why! They have rice fields greener then anything i have ever seen, and they go on forever! And when we were headed out, the kids were all on their way home from school and there were these two little goofie boys, proably about 5, and they were being super heros for us and making us take pictures of them =P SO cute. And then I saw the typical kid on his or her bike that was MUCH too big for them and they couldnt even sit on the seat because it was so big.

Then the guys took us over too another village where there was 5 older ladies making makeup bags, and inscents. They were the nicest ladies i have met thus far in vietnam! We sat with them for about a half hour and made some of our own inscents. It is a pretty easy thing to make, but they are MUCH faster then we were at making them!

At that point, the sun was starting to come down, and they took us to a hill overlooking the river, and i got some more amazing shots!

Just all in all the best afteroon since the eleaphants =D

But i ahve to go get some food! We are leaving for the beautiful beaches of Hoi An this morning!

Lots of love,

There are more pictures to come!

Tay

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb