Hue & Hoi An and in a flash.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
April 18th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hue & Hoi An - Feb 08

Coming back into Vietnam from Laos we couldn't bear another 24 hour bus, we had been on enough overnight trains / buses and it was about time we flew again ! It worked out to be an ok price even though we booked a couple of days before we flew with that world leader , Lao Airlines. At least it didn't have propellas !
We flew back to Hanoi from Luang Prabang and then after an overnight stay we were ready for another overnight train ( well sort of ! ) . This took us to Hue which we didn't know much about, it turned out that there wasn't much to do and it wasn't the nicest of places ! We did the sights one afternoon on our new favourite method of transport , the motorbike taxi ! This time we couldn't both go on the same one, but had to have a driver each, it just wasn't the same ! We went to see a few temples ...etc and then a pagoda, all ok but we had seen better ( sounds bad but it is the truth ) . Gill unfortunately
Hard at work....Hard at work....Hard at work....

Just down the road from our hotel in Hoi An
wasn't feeling well and after ticking off the main sights she spent the rest of our time in Hue in bed, the only bonus with this is it was a weekend and there was plenty of football to watch !
Hoi An is a lot nicer than Hue, it has a river that runs through and plenty of nice cobbled streets and alleyways to wander around and get lost. On the riverfront there are nice restaurants and bars. The majority of the shops are tailors all producing what looked like good quality clothes. We unfortunately there at the wrong time though as it was coming upto Vietnamese New Year and so all the shops were closing for the holiday and therefore we couldn't get any clothes made , bugger. Given the chance i think we both would have bought things to send home, it looked better than Bangkok for this type of thing. We pushed the boat out in Hoi An and spent nearly 15 pounds on our room ( theres only so many hostels you can take ) , it had a bath which i was loving and a swimming pool which annoyingly we couldn't use as the weather was a bit dodgy at the time.
After all this cold weather for months going through Nepal/China/Northern Vietnam ( Even in Laos we only had a few nice days ) we were ready for a week on the beach. Heading further south in Vietnam ,our choice was either the busier beach resort of Nha Trang or the more laid back Mui Ne. We had heard from another traveller who had just come from Nha Trang that the weather hadn't been to great. Decision made, Mui Ne it was then.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Can you spot  the ginge?Can you spot  the ginge?
Can you spot the ginge?

On our afternoon of sightseeing via motorbike taxi in Hue
A motor bike each this time A motor bike each this time
A motor bike each this time

to see Hue for the day . I took this myself , not really proud of my work !


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb