50 Thousand Crocs!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
November 28th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to get the night sleeper train to Hue because we thought it would be funny. It was not.

While we were waiting to be picked up in Hanoi we met these other two guys who were on the same train as us. The reason they were delayed and had to get the 11pm train was because of all the massive flash floods that hit central Vietnam - so much so that the floods covered a crocodile farm and 50 000 crocodiles had escaped and people were walking around with AK47's in the street and shooting them! They thought it would be funny to see them. We did not.

Stacey of course freaked out when the train started driving through the actual floods and decided to wake Louise at 4am because everyone else in our dorm got off and she was convinced it was our stop. Our stop was actually another 8 hours away...

Luckily we havent seen any crocs yet - however we are by the perfume river therefore likely to come across some soon! We did however get attacked by two men in the street weilding a snake on the end of a stick. They
Pillars!Pillars!Pillars!

In our room! Hanoi!
thought it would be good to scare us with the snake. They did not scare us now we are hard core travellers.

We actually physically dont agree with this place. We keep getting attacked in the street by people trying to touch us, shout at us or beggars. Not a lot to do really in Hue so have been wondering in the sun! We have also been harrased by tuk tuk drivers all day - you want 1 hour?! - they dont understand No and proceed to curb crawl us for at least 10 minutes until they get bored.

We have found a good bar though - always! We have spent much of our time there!

Heading to Nah Trang tomorrow but we have decided to fly this time.

Much love
Us
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Halong BayHalong Bay
Halong Bay

On the way home...
Halong BayHalong Bay
Halong Bay

People living on the river!
Stacey's BirthdayStacey's Birthday
Stacey's Birthday

Do I look 28?


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb