Central VietNam


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

For our next stop we chose to visit Hue.
We decided to fly to Hue because it is easy and relatively cheap to do so. The fliht was delayed a while, but being in an air conditioned room was great. I can not emphasize how warm it is here. It does not matter the time of day, it is always warm. In Hue we stayed in nice room not far from the famous Perfume River. Some of these photos were sent in the last blog. The town of Hue is very charming and much quiter than the capital city and we chose to bike around town and rent a motorcycle to see the sites which are the Forbidden Purple City set up the Chinese Dynasty in the early 19th century until 1945; the Thien Mu Pagoda; and the Nguyen Tombs. All of these sites are amazing and well worth a visit to see them. Having seen the actual Forbidden City in Beijing, it was impressive to compare the two. In Hue, the Purple City is much smaller, though still impressive, but the relics are much more in tact and provide one with a good sense of what life at the palace might have been like.
I hope the photos provide a sense of the beauty of Hue. We were blessed with bright piercing sunlight. Apparenly Hue is known for its gloomy overcast weather. I met a local teacher, who offered to take us on a tour of the sites around Hue. We were taken along the back roads to see a Japanese covered bridge built in 1776 and several other local attractions. The city was beautiful and the food excellent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb