Hoi An - Hanoi !


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well our trip with Dong ended and we have arrived in Hanoi, looking forward to going to visit Halong Bay.

Oh yeah I aint going to talk about our stay in Hoi An because I am sick to death of people $hitting on about how marvelous it was. Personally I wouldnt be too gone on it, because I am not travelling around to have some chap tailor me a suit, make me shoes and i dont want any silk. but what pisses me off even more is just hearing other travellers go on and on and on and on about it !

So what have we bee up to ........

We went to see the Citadel in Hue which was quite good, although there aint much left after the Americans blew the $hit out of it ! Later we went through the DMZ, went to see some civilian tunnels, which are much larger than the fighting ones. Then the last thing we done before we caught the overnight sleeper coach, was see a market.

then we arrived in Hanoi ..............

Hanoi was pretty cool, though we didnt really want to spend too much time there. We went around the sites and quickly moved on to Halong Bay ......

cheers for the comments.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

school houseschool house
school house

this used to be a school house. The american chased the VC into it, and geuss what after cornered, they didnt let them out, they drilled the place with rpg's, machine gun fire from the road, and from above via helicopter. check out the bulletholes in the ceiling and through the roof
sleep timesleep time
sleep time

just me in a hammock .... was real comfy !
catchin some shadecatchin some shade
catchin some shade

Dong just catchin some shade under a big tree !
larry's cavelarry's cave
larry's cave

Larry in the entrance to the tunnels. these tunnels were more than 2 times the size of the fighting ones !
Materinity WardMaterinity Ward
Materinity Ward

Thi9s was the Underground Maternity ward in the tunnels. 11 kids were born there throughout the war ! Amazing.
Last GoodbyeLast Goodbye
Last Goodbye

Larry, The driver, Dong and Me. just before we all said goodbye.
Sleepin LarrySleepin Larry
Sleepin Larry

This was the sleeper bus we took into Hanoi. Was really nice and comfortable.


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb