Easy Riding


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
April 25th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the lack of activity on the blog recently, we hit a stretch where it was very difficult to access the internet.

After leaving HoiAn on an overnight bus (6pm till 6am) where sleep is almost impossible, we arrived in Nha Trang, described as the Blackpool of Vietnam.
Fortunately it is nowhere near as bad as that!!!!

The beach was pretty much deserted, the sand was golden and the sun was shining. PLus we didnt see a stag or hen at all! We only had a couple of days to sample these delights before getting on another bus to Dalat.

Dalat is the site of the palace of the last King of Vietnam. He was deposed in 1954 and sent to exile in France and Diem then took over the South of the country. He was the American puppet who escalated the reasons for the war.

Dalat is a nice place, up in the mountains of Southe Vietnam. The temperature is much cooler as it is about a mile up and is one of the best places to get on the back of a bike and explore the country. So thats what we did.

Our
Fishing Vietnamese StyleFishing Vietnamese StyleFishing Vietnamese Style

They allow the water to drain out of a field and catch whatever is left!

Fishing Vietnamese Style
They allow the water to drain out of a field and catch whatever is left!"Easy rider" was Kenny. Very knowledgable and a very quick wit. He managed to convince Sam that the rabbit poo used as fertiliser was actually coffee beans! Cheeky monkey!
The day itself was nice and I managed to sunburn the backs of my arms from holding onto the backbar for 4 hours. That tickled.

But our time in Dalat passed very quickly, and before we knew it we were finally in Ho Chih Minh City




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb