DAY 13 DALAT


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
December 6th 2017
Published: December 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

What an awesome day. Perfect riding weather, not too hot, rain disappeared for blue/grey sky. Left Nha Trang for the usual short bus ride out of town to avoid the chaotic congestion for 70 kms of riding. The first 32 kms was mostly a gentle rise before another 30kms of a continuous steep and winding assent up the Bidoup-Nui Ba Pass ranging between 5-10% before a rewarding speedy 3 km decent at 10%.

The route rose from near sea level climbing to 1440 mtrs into a cooler highland climate ideal for growing some of the country's best fruits, flowers and coffee beans. The route passed magnificent scenery with a fast running river at the bottom of a very deep valley lined on both sides with a lush canopy of green colour with plantations at the lower levels changing to lush native vegetation on the steeper slopes. crystal clear waterfalls washed over rocky outcrops while swirling clouds shrouded the valley. Massive landslides were evident all along the route.

Not having attempted such a long & difficult climb before, I was very pleased to have completed the ride while Ruth was amazing by completing 22 kms.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb