North Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
May 27th 2012
Published: May 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On the bus and over the the Mekong River, again, we went back to Thailand and met a wonderful pair of kiwi's (Emma and Amy) on the trip. Chaing Mai is the second biggest city in Thailand after Bangkok and just a chilled out, laid back place. We spent a week here, wondering around visiting the Sat, Sun and night markets selling loads of pretty much the same things. One thing we were looking forward to doing here was a Thai cooking class and we found a great one with Emma and Amy. We were picked up and taken to a Thai food market where we shown what kinds of sauces and rices we were going to be using. We then headed to the farm which is where the kitchen was. We got to pick all our spices, leaves, veg on the farm to use in the dishes we made. The whole day was amazing and so much fun, out of all the food we cooked and ate, Kerry's springrolls were definitely the best.

We took an over night bus to Bangkok, our last stop in Thailand and had one of the best bus rides of the trip. While everyone else fell asleep, we watched the lightening outside folk across the sky in the thunder storm, just brilliant. The first time we were in Bangkok it was before we went to Laos and over Songkran (Happy New Year) and Thailand celebrate with a massive water fight in the streets for four days. We got into the spirit of things and joined the crowds, bought a super soaking and got wet. This time we actually wanted to see bangkok and had our fill with sights and for the first time of the trip were ripped off by people feeding birds, we had to laugh and were glad that it was for only 40 baht. We met back up with Emma and Amy and visited the tower from the hangover 2 movie and got a picture at the top.

Well we were suppose to be travelling to India next but we made the decision to go home early due to a flight into India getting cancelled and running a little over budget in places. As most of you will know we've been home for around two weeks now but had the most amazing trip of our lives. We want to thank all the people that let us stay with them over the last eight months, couch surfers and friends alike, we wouldn't have been able to travel for as long as we did if not for you guys so Thank You all again for being such a big opart of our trip.

Until our next adventure........save travels, keep smiling and be safe.

Sending Love

Matt and Kerry


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb