PAI BACK TO CHIANG MAI


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 – 2nd July to 3 July 2011

Well all good things must come to end and we said bye to Pai, Panda, Run and Orn. This place was so truly amazing and I’m certain to return. Will have to make the next travelling expedition with a cross over from Lao or Cambodia just to come here again. Orn gave us a beautiful departing gift which had been beautifully wrapped in a banana leaf and topped with a purple flower – turned out it was a handmade bag which she had sewn – which has been claimed as Scott’s new library bag, and inside were some packets of her home made tea of different varieties.

We took the AYA bus at 8.00 am back to Chiang Mai left our packs at the train station and after consulting the L P guide decided on a few hours in the Wararot market – a massive local market where we ate pork and noodle Thai soup from a thriving little business that was packed with locals for lunch and a snack of char grilled chicken Thai style.

Brent finally found his crackers at the market. We bought a few bags of cashews for our train journey back to Bangkok, and 6 bras for Chelsea at $1.Aus then a quick stop by the dentist for a bit of fine tuning with the Crown and then headed for the station for 6.00 pm, 14 hour overnight train ride to Bangkok ahead of us clickety clack, clickety clack, choo choo! Bangkok here we come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb