Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 4th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thailand:

SPICY salads and chilli, especially in South. Loads of English people! Strong Whiskey (80%) Cocktails drunk out of buckets. The buckets then used by locals to do daily tasks, such as paint a house or batter chicken (to feed drunk English people). We had two weeks of partying and shopping, pools and aircon with the Essex girls. We then went to the Sanctury for a retreat on Kho Pangan. Danced in the jungle in neon all night for half moon, and till the sun rose outside drum and bass bar on the beach at the full moon party, surrounded by Londoners!

Painfull journey to Kho Toa (with no sleep), exploded shampoo all over bag, long sleep to Jack Johnson. Overnight bus upto Bangkok, check in Kho San Rd at 5am, up and explore. Weekend market- Got way to oveexcited and purchashed A LOT. Got rid of my old wedge heel shoes. See through jelly shoes got STOLEN- bought two pairs of replacements. Rooftop bars in Bangkok. Show in patpong (thoroughly disturbing). Overnight peppermint tin can HOT train ride upto Chang Mai. Riverside bars/ restaurants with bands. Night market. Rain, reading and fruit salads. Elephant show- amazing. They can PAINT. Orchid farm. Cooking course- filled us up for days.

Mini van forgot to pick us up on the arranged date, so we stayed one more day, had to pay excess on our Thai Visa, then the bus driver fell asleep- drover into a ditch and Mhairi and I woke taumatised in shoke and slighly broken. We made it through the rest of the complex journey to Vian Vieng, Laos though.

Loved the cheapness and spicy food, and massages. Mhairi had a lot of banter with the locals. Thai people are funny.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb