Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 9th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after our ridiculous journey, we arrived in Viantienne, the capital of Loas with our fellow survivors, sleep deprived and hungry. While Mhairi ate steak sandwhich with the boys and hopped around, I made a quick detour to attain our Vietnam Visas, then another long bus journey to Viang Vieng- Home of many a cafe with tvs showing Friends and Family Guy.

Mainly consists of two streets, surrounded by beautiful scenary. One day in bed in a damp horrible hotel room with a power cut and building work going on- X-Ray once the power cut had ceased, showed nothing was broken, a pair of very provincial crutches and strong painkillers later and the next day we attempted the infamous tubing. Everyone judged us as messy English people who had been hurt by drunken antics on the river! Alot of dancing in the rain and in Qbar in the evenings. Loas Laap was good.

The bus journey up to Luang Probang included drippy brown liquid, a blow out, lots of local children staring, a mudslide but we made it and found a lovely wooded (non damp) room to rest our weary heads. River side views, art shops, nice cafes, night market ,fruit, bar across the river. Then we had a BEAUTIFUL scenic flight to Hanoi.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb