Thai islands - Eastern gulf coast...... life's a beach!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ko Tao:

After heading back to the chaotic bangkok from cambodia we decided it was time for some beach life, so we purchased our bus and boat ticket to ko tao. After a long journey we arrived and quickly found accommodation at sairee beach (west coast)... a lovely wooden bungalow on the beach. After settling in we explored the town on foot and then hit the beach. Beach life basically consisted of lazing on the beach all day and the hardest decision we had to make was whether we ordered a mohito or mai tai, or maybe even a chang or singha. The nights were spent at various beach parties till the wee hours. After a few days on sairee beach we moved down to the secluded south coast for some relaxation, peace and quiet. After 2 days here we packed our things up and headed to ko phan-ghan for the scheduled parties.

Ko phan-ghan:

Getting off the boat at ko phan-ghan we were met by 100's of locals fighting for our residence at their hotel or bunglalow resort but we already had one in mind, so we hopped into the back of a pickup truck and headed for S.P resort. Upon arrival we were glad to find that we were completely secluded... nothing but the sound of crashing waves and swinging hammocks.. not a sole in sight!! After disposing of our belongings we headed into town to gather information about the upcoming parties. The next 2 days were spent relaxing and gathering our strength for the upcoming jungle parties.... shiva moon party and half moon party. These parties basically consisted of a few bars, dj booth, dance floor laid out in the middle of thick, dense jungle and lots of glow body paint.... what a layout, amazing!! The nights were danced away in a cocktail of smoke and whisky. Once the night parties were finished everybody headed over to the beach for the next party, starting at 6am and finishing at 1am the next morning... survival of the fittest!! The more sober days were spent exploring the island, moving from beach to beach and lazing in bars with amazing views. After about 5 days on the party island we had experienced all that ko phan-ghan had to offer, it was time for a new adventure, so the speed boat tickets were purchased.... ko samui here we come.

Ko Samui:

After stepping off the boat in Ko samui we quickly noticed 2 things, the 1st was the stunning beaches, the 2nd was how such a beautiful island had been ruined by commercialisation and tourism... everywhere you look there was mcdonalds, pizza hut, kfc and 100's of seedy bars packed full with women saying "hey handsome, i love you long time", so we searched for a more secluded piece of paradise... this was found at lucky mothers resort where we had our own section of unspoiled beach, where we would lay drinking cocktails, eating amazing food and watching nightly firework displays. After a few days we felt it was time to move on and so booked our boat and bus ticket to krabi (west coast mainland) to see what new experiences lay over the horizon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb