Siem Reap & the amazing Ankor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 7th 2010
Published: August 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Upon arrival we threw the bags into our room and sampled the local cambodian food (chicken amok mmmmmm). After eating we then set about exploring siem reap. Soon enough we found our favourite and well suited street... actually named Pub Street. We spent the whole day and night playing pool, infuriating locals as they were unable to beat us and get us off the table hahahah. We got so carried away we forgot to head back and get some sleep for our 4am visit to ankor wat for sunrise, so we just went straight from the pub... it was amazing even with blurred vision, but we forgot to charge the camera so we knew we had to come back another day which we didn't complain about!!! Siem reap is surrounded by a mass of over 1200 temples (some over 1200 years old), so we spent our days trying to explore as many as possible... and the nights were spent playing and winning pool with friends at the local watering hole - the Temple Bar.

After our time was done here, we purchased our tickets and headed back to Bangkok. Getting back on the khoa san road felt good.. just thinking about the experiences and things we've seen since we were last here 8wks ago is mindblowing. Both knowing it was time to hit the thai islands for the next few months, we purchased a bus and boat ticket to take us to ko tao... bring on the beaches and paradise!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb