to pee or not to pee


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
January 29th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well its been a quiet last few days staying outside bangkok with lucy's dad's friend in the villa type property he has, its huge and has a pool so cant complain - esp as its totally buckshee.

taken in some sights lately including one yesterday!
stupidly we decided to get the 5p peasant wagon into Khao San Road and off we toddled to get on one of these god awful machines, 39 or 59 should do. but there are three choices of bus:
1. green - for the underclass
2. windows open - for the masses
3. air bus - for the riches

after waiting for so long i'm sure i was beginning to fry one of the green meanies stopped. stuff it we figured it would be ok, after a few hand signals and cursed words we got off as this bus doesnot go to where we want to go to.

waiting again for some time i am starting to lose my patience again but then some light relief comes our way.

a slightly overweight lady comes to the bus stop and waits with us, within a few moments i notice some activity from behind me, being the suspicious type i want to know if she is going to mug me. i take a look over my shoulder and finally i see my first bit of thai lady, she has her skirt hitched up so that she has all of her fun bits, foul bits in this case sadly, totally on show and she takes a piss right behind us. for the next few minutes she sits behind us with all her glory on show and thus ensures that no buses wil stop for us!

deciding that i dont want to toes sprinkled on by this drunk we mosey on down to the next stop. again, we wait an age and bus type 2 arrives out, the journey 15km takes over 90 mins and for most of it i spend my time sucking down diesel fumes and pushing my eyes which were out on stalks back into my head! the drivers are total mental oriental accelarating hard to every set of red traiifc lights and a million and one little bikes jumping all over the place in the road getting in the way, seems these guys dont want to wear down their break pads.

a few hours down khao san road and we enjoy a small meal and a beer or two. hostel prices have risen tremendously since i was last here and are more like a tenner rather than a fiver. we make calls home and shout like hell to our grandparents as the lines are pants and they have poor hearing!

anyway, the taxi ride back takes just 40 mins but it was so lucky that sunny had written down the road we live at in thai as the driver had no idea of our pronunciation.

anyway, he finally puts on his goldfish bowl glasses to read the bit of paper, but then scarily he takes his glasses of and begins to drive...
all the way "home" he sucks his gums and laughs out aloud the name of all the places that were passing through, all the while he wants us to try and pronounce what he is saying, he's good old boy and a 40 min cab ride costs a whacking great 2 quid!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb