BKK - PHUKET - KRABI - AONANG - KOJUM


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 6th 2007
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

What a day!! Left Bangkok at 5.00 am and flew into Phuket. Scott was keen to see Ko Jum, which was quite a distance from Phuket, but what the heck!!

Arrived Phuket, dropped off what seemed like 40 kg of luggage & shopping at the Phuket airport.

We organised a rip off taxi to take us from the Airport to the nearest bus station for a bus to Krabi.

Wrecked and tired, but 580 bt for 4 of us was a real steal for the local bus to Krabi and it was comfort & air con "all the way", for the next 2.5 or 3 hours.

We arranged for another taxi to pick up our Lonely Planet book from Me Mee Guesthouse (yep, left it behind wrapped up in the sheets or similar!!) and then headed to an out of the way pier (Cant' remember the town (30 k's our of Krabi) From here, we could get a long tail boat to Ko Jum as it was too late for the large Ferry.

We arrived at Ko Jum via a back entry through a mud flat area and from there hopped in a truck and rode the bumps along the dirt track through villages to finally arrive at New Season Bungalows. It wasn't all we thought it would be after being spoilt by the beauty of Relax Bay Phi Phi (even though rats & all) & the beaches in Krabi. However, it still retained it's unspoilt beauty.

Besides this, I was in need of a pharmacy, which was never going to be found on Ko Jum!

So it was here that we were back to the "no power until 6.00 pm situation" and once its on, it's a mad race to charge our phones, cameras, gameboys and video cameras! Water, was once again "cold" though this didn't bother us, it was more that the "flow" was just a dribble!

The next morn, we decided to take a long tail boat out to meet the daily ferry and it was back to Krabi and Phuket by boat and bus.

We felt we deserved a little luxury for our last few days in the Land of Smiles.


So Phuket it was & here we are now....... read on for the next blog....







Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb