Bangkok and beyond


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 20th 2006
Published: December 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello people, hope all are well and are looking foward to christmas!! So where to start, alot has been going on in the last couple of weeks or so, will try not to be too boring!

Ok first stop in thailand was Bangkok, in a place called the swadelee hotel on khao San road. First imprresions was the horrible smell and smog of Bangkok, although it was all very hectic. The hotel was ok though and the service was excellent, the manager brought us all a round straight away, wo ho!

Ok Bangkok was good for the night life, on the first night we experianced a drink which are called buckets, not the nicest but do the job well ie. gets you a little drunk!!!!!!!!! Met a few cool people on the way, which is always good!

Ok day 2 made an effort to see a few things went on a tuk tuk, a crazy taxi type thing and saw some of the temples etc all pretty cool and the night followed a similar pattern to the first.

Next stop koh phang nan, a cheeky little 12 hour train journey to the south and then a few hours on buses and ferrys, definately worth the trip however! Arrived on the day of the full moon party on Had rein beach, we were staying in beach huts on the norty of the island, about 30 minutes away! Was apretty beutiful location. The full moon party was possible the best party ivee been too, lots of buckets, dancing with randoms and high fives on the beach front, crawled bach to the beach huts at 11 the next day, crazy stuff.

Another high of ko phang nan was driving around on mo peds to see all the sights on the island, we saw 2 or 3 beautiful waterfalls aswell as getting caught up in a monsoon, which made driving the bikes quite difficult on bumpy mud tracks!

After 3 days we headed down to koh samoi which was a short ferry trip away, and were once again located right on the beach, where we seemed to spend most of the time! Even managed to get up for a run at 8 in the morning once, soon found out its far too hot to be doing stuff like that!

Next stop phi phi island, absolutley stunning! Actually did quite alot on this island and loved every minute! First night found a bar on the beach and enjoyed the service and the buckets of beer as well as actual buckets of whiskey coke and red bull! The next day we went to monkey beach to obviously see the monkeys, they were pretty crazy and wild, at one point they were chasing me round the beach! Probably the highlight to date was doing scuba diving for a day, saw some pretty amazing sea life including eels and a sea turtles! Next outing was a boat trip to maya bay (where they filmed the beach) on are way to the beach we kayaked and snorled, so much fun! Me and a few of the locals also destroyed the rest of the boys at beech footie, far too easy! The 5 of us then camped out on maya beach over night and were literally the only people their, it was a amazing. We had two thai gudies look after us, cooking a bbq for us so much food and was so nice! One of the guides also took us to see some chicken crabs, they are massive and look a little funny! After a few beers we crashed out under the moon and the stars was amazing! The next moring we did a little more kayaking and snorkling which was quite hard work! The next couple of days we just chilled on the beach on the north of the island, was pretty hot and got a little burnt shock horror! Also safe to say we enjoyed a couple more nights out meeting various people including a bloke from kingstanley, who intsadently had his leg broken by nick true when he was younger, small world!!!!!!!

Anyhow probably bored you all enough now, off to Melbourne today, exciting stuff! Laters people


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



27th December 2006

Hello!
Millsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to see someone ACTUALLY bothering with their Blog :) We miss you all lots and lots...........glad to hear you're having such a good time. Lotsa love, Bones x x x x
29th December 2006

Extremely jealous
Sounds like you're having a wicked time buddy, I have to admit that I'm a little jealous of you even though I get to see the beautiful sights of Brizzle every day!! Enjoy the drive through boozers and the JD's in cans whilst in Oz...and try not to get mentally and physically outdone by our southern hemisphere dwelling cousins!! Enjoy yourself, mate

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb