Nong Chang - Sang Som!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Uthai Thani
December 20th 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Baywhat?Baywhat?Baywhat?

Alex and Dad just after causing mayhem in the pool at Phimai.
Left the quietly busy surrounds of Phimai and travel west across Thailand to Uthai Thani province. The road between between Phimai and Uthai is surrounded by green lush valleys and lumpen mountains. You could imagine a multitude of 'Nam movies being shot in this location.

Nong Chang is a sleepy village on the main road set amongst the rice paddies and sugar cane plantations and mountains in the distance. There was local market on playing the local Thai pop-hits at full pelt. Very atmospheric!

The local market was also selling some dodgy looking deep-fried grubs and wee beasties. We just weren't that hungry.

We spent a couple of days visiting our friends Bernard and Eed and Keith and I drunk a wee bit too much of the local Rum. Not a good feeling in the morning.

Kids enjoyed riding around in the back of Bernard's pick-up truck and riding three-aboard Bernard's scooter.

From here we trapse back to Bangkok airport for our flight to Phuket and the white sandy beaches.

We are all bearing up quite well with all the travelling.

-Keith is accumulating a ruck-sack full of presents for Ceri
-Roy is collecting
Dinner... more rice!Dinner... more rice!Dinner... more rice!

Mum helps Alex get stuck in to another plate of er... rice.
cheap T-shirts at a ratio of about 2 per day
-Lamud is munching through everything on the menu (and some things that aren't)
-Alex is living one big adventure doing all the things that he is told off about back home (and he gets to play on the internet when I'm writing this).
-Louisa is buying all sorts of trinkets for her bedroom and all her friends back home.

Next stop Phuket.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

EasyridersEasyriders
Easyriders

Alex & Louisa in the back of Bernard's pick-up truck with Eed and her daft wee dog (DookDick).


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb