Phimai Sabai Sabai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Phimai
December 15th 2006
Published: December 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Alex and cousin "men"Alex and cousin "men"Alex and cousin "men"

Spyro on Nintendo DS is more important than dinner.
A bit cooler in Phimai than Bangkok. Travelled across the rice paddies to Jantamlah where Lamud spent her childhood. Everyone was laying out their rice to dry and there's enough mangy cats and dogs to fill about 15 tuk-tuks. This is real rural Thailand and nothing like Bangkok or Phuket's tourist den.

Visited the "Banyan Tree" - which is the oldest tree in the world (?) and the ancient Khmer ruins in Phimai.

We are having such a great time we even ended up doing Karaoke. I (Roy) was abosutely brilliant. Keith was rubbish (well, he was quite good at Hotel California but not very good at his Bono impersonation).

Lamud is enjoying being back home so much that she no longer speaks English with us. Some kind of mish-mash of Cockney-Thai. Can't understand a thing but she seems to be having a great time confusing us (not much change there, then?).

Alex and Louisa are enjoying themselves with their new-found cousin, "men".

Food is excellent and we were a bit concerned about the "Snake-head" that was on the menu, but have since discovered it's just some kind of ugly fish that tastes good.

No
The house that Lamud  builtThe house that Lamud  builtThe house that Lamud built

Standing outside the house of Lamud's family.
steak-and-chips yet.. but we reckon it won't be long. Kids are already eating chips and tomota ketchup and ice-cream for breakfast.

Next stop is UthaiThani province where we will be meeting up with old friends for a couple of days. Of greater concern to Keith and I is the fact that we are going to miss the Old Firm derby on the telly.

Never mind, 90-mins of 40,000 Glaswegians screaming blue (and green) murder at each other on a drab December day, is just not the same as messing about on holiday in the sun in Thailand.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Thai dried riceThai dried rice
Thai dried rice

Rice laid out to dry in the midday sun.


16th December 2006

Hi Everybody
Hi Everybody, Hope you are all right. Hope your having a wonderful time. Missing you all loads.xxxxxxxxxx Great to see the house that Chapumai built! Looks like you having a great time. have a great one karen x

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb