Monkey Madness


Advertisement
Published: March 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After leaving crazy Bangkok on a local bus, which turned out to be quite comfortable and half empty (phew), we headed south to Prachuap Khiri Khan ("PKK").



PKK is very laid back and just what we needed after 4 nights in Bangkok. Not many travellers visit this place which is a shame and it is a really nice place. After arriving, we headed towards a hotel and that is when I had to face one of my biggest fears ....... the dreaded squat toilet!!!! I have also found that the beds over here are really hard - felt like concrete! All this didn't worry Chad as he was very excited when we turned on the tv and he was able to watch an Australian tv channel showing the Sunday footy show so he got a fix of rugby league :-) Go Manly !!!!



Chad and I then went exploring in search of the monkeys ! It didn't take us long to find them. They were at the bottom of Wat Thammikaram and were all running around like maniacs. Chad tried to take a few pictures but they don't like you getting too close. Believe me, they might not be big but they can be scary.





We decided to visit the Wat - Chad wasn't too keen after reading how many steps there were up to the Wat :-( Whilst climbing, Chad found a nut on the ground and threw it towards one of the monkeys who was guarding the steps, which is fine but it bounced and landed right at my feet! I've never moved so fast, especially when the big crazy monkey started making its way towards me!





PKK has a fantastic market. I was very tempted to do some more shopping but managed to restrain myself as would have to carry everything.

The locals are very friendly and don't often see many farangs (foreigners). They pointed at us and tried out their english - it is kind of strange when kids stare at you. It was nice to not have people pestering us though.

We had a lovely evening listening to a local concert right on the beach in honour of the King's anniversary. We saw our first lady boy too.


Next stop - Khao Lak


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb