Kanchanaburi - The Tiger Cave Temple


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
July 23rd 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

On a narrow bumpy road and full of uncertainties as we snake through further, we wasn't sure where the driver was taking us. He told us we are going to a tiger temple and I was thinking "Another Tiger temple?" We gave him 2500 baht for the transport and to visit Tiger Temple and The Bridge on the River Kwai but did not expect he came up with one more attraction Kanchanaburi could offer. He said this place has no real tiger, but the temple itself is named Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Ser), which was built not long ago.

A beautiful hidden temple nestled on the top of the hill, golden shimmering reflections from afar, as the afternoon sunlight shines on the Tiger Cave Temple. Surrounded by hills, a river and the green patches of paddy fields that is waiting for the next harvest.

We finally saw the temple and it was beautiful. We took a tram up. We had a good laugh, as I was very chubby that time, trying to squeeze a quarter pounder was not easy. But I managed well, my knees wide opened sideways enable to sit on a small bench fit for little ones. We didn't want to walk as it is quite steep and the weather was quite unbearable. Cool breeze brewing despite the warm humid weather, but soon forgotten as the Tiger Cave Temple came into view before my very eyes, really got me stood still for a moment, trying to absorb the beauty of this temple in just a glimpse but my eyes could not stop clicking at all.

The Golden Buddha statue sat so majestically, so calm and beautifully crafted in the giant protected shield in the shape of the Bodhi Leaf. There are three monuments, the pagoda is from a neighbor temple which we did not visit as we do not have much time, heading for Ayuthaya next. Not many foreign visitors visited this place; maybe they thought this could be another temple just the same as others. You miss this, and then this is your loss. Looking at my pictures you will know why, this place offers good view from atop, having one beautiful temple nestled on the hill is something that could, maybe, takes your breath away. A place for contemplation and meditation will definitely bring eternal bliss. I will never forget this Tiger Cave Temple and surely wants to tell the whole world about this hidden treasure of Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb