Karaoke on the Kwai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
February 7th 2006
Published: February 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all, hope all are well.
Right what have i been up to to make you all jealous!!??
Spent Sunday in Bangkok, up at 6am to get to the Grand Palace nice and early to do the toursity bit.
Even managed to get chatted up by a gay thai bloke while having fish curry for breakfast.When he said to me -hey-you english man big! i thought, cheeky sod , i like a beer yeah, but when he tried to hold me by the hand i quickly told him in very plain english he should disappear quick before i shoved a chopstick where the thai sun dont shine he got the message.
Then again, maybe he was into that sort of thing???? Very disturbing thought.
Sunday night was spent in the street bars near my geusthouse with an american, a french israeli, an indonesian guy and a bloke from .............Bournemouth.
Oh yeah, and the customary hammered ginger scottish guy.
Got to see chelsea beat Liverpool as well so was an allround good nite.
Got up early and by taxi, then bus, then Rickshaw ended up in the VN guesthouse in Kanchanaburi.
Very picturesque place ,my room is on a raft on the River Kwai.
Sounds good eh?
Well it was , until the damn Japanese got their karaoke boats up and running.
I manged 2 hours kip in total so im writing this from there now but am off to find somewhere a lot quieter this morning.
Got a mototaxi out to the monument bridge on the river kwai yesterday pm, managed to kill a couple of hours but not very exiting.
Have booked a minibus for this afternoon to go out to the Tiger Temple, looking forward to that,specially as its only cost 2 quid because i blew half a weeks budget in 2 nights in Bangkok.
Anyway, must go as time on computer nearly up and i have to find a room somewhere before the buses from Bangkok arrive with another couple of hundred travellers.
Will update and try and get some photos on here at my next port of call.Mark.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb