Bridge On tThe River Kwai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
December 12th 2008
Published: December 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we hired bicycles to see the town and the bridge on the river Kwai.
The Bridge On The River Kwai is about 2 km from where we were staying. What can one say about a bridge? It was nice? Apart from the history, there is nothing amazing about this bridge. When you walk over it, it has a amazing view of the river which is very clean. So I tell Linda to walk ahead so I can get a photo of her on the bridge. I turn around for 5 seconds and find Linda in a photo shoot like she was some sort of a movie star by what appeared to be Malay people. Very funny to watch Linda getting treated like a movie star!
While walking on the bridge we notices a floating restaurant which looked onto the bridge so it had a amazing view. We decided tonight we would eat there. After the bridge we head back towards the hotel and carried on past towards a few wats. As we had seen millions already and they looked the same as all the others. We rode on past towards a market. Nothing special about this market, it is for locals. The only interesting thing was that it has been there for 150 years, in the same place! That's pretty amazing if you are into markets and their history!
The rest of the day was spent by the pool swimming and sucking up the sun.
That evening we went to the restaurant by the bridge for a nice dinner and sunset over the bridge.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb