And so it begins part 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Kanchanaburi
January 9th 2007
Published: January 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok this is the second time I have had to write ths email since the internet screwed up last night but this time I have taken precautions!

I was still on koh samui the last time I added an entry so I will pick up from there

The next day we spent the day lying by the pool at our resort and then doing various thins like look around the town and buying lunch and washing clothes. Later we decided to go for a walk along the beach and as a consequence finally found the plae to be in Bophut beach, a place called Fishermans village. It had all the bars, restaraunts and maket stalls and of course lots of 'Armani' suit fitting stores. We were stopped outside of one of these whilst look for somewhere to eat by two Thai boys that worked there. One asked where we were from and after telling him we were from Australia his response was 'G'day' His name was john ad the other Mek and we chatted a bit to them to find out a good place to eat and go out drinking. They invited us to go with them to Chawenf beach when they finished work and would take us on the back of their motorbikes but we ditched them later after having dinner at the Happy Elephant which they had recommended.
It was a nice restaurant but I have to suggest to anyone who goe to south Thailand to try the fruit shakes. Banana or Watermelon are the best and they just rush up with fruit with ice and they are delicious. There was also live entertainment, a dad and son seeing mostly beatle songs...they were so cute!

That afternoon we had decided to go for a day tour to the Angthong National Marine Park. We enquired within a small street shop first and the ladt promised us a discounted price from 2200 baht to 1600 baht but when we checked with our resort, luckily, it was actually 1200 baht. Beware of the Thai people, they are ery good at acting sweet and innocent.
So anyway we got up early the next morning to go on this boat tour to different islands. The boat crew where mainly young Thai boys with only one that could speak english. His name is San and he was hilarious. They gave us this bizarre looking fruit/bean pod during the 2 hour boat ride to the first island. At first we didnt know if they were teasing us but after 5 mins of deliberation me and meg gave it a try and it was actually quite nice.

The first island we stopped at was for snorkelling so we all got on our life jackets got on a small boat and jumped into the water at the snorkelling site. Instantly we all started to get tiny little stings all over our body. This is not the first time we have experienced this! In koh Phan Ngan we had felt the smae stings but not with such frequency. We tried to ignore as much as possible but after seeing quite a few gorgeous fish we couldnt take it anymore and had to go back to the main boat. Everybody who went snorkelling ended up with tiny little red stings all over their body bt luckily they went away after a couple of hours.

The next island we went on a little hike up the steep mountain to see the lagoon on the inside of the mountain, Oh and I forgot to mention it rained virtually the whole time we were on this tour, but it was ok cos it was still warm. So after seeig the lagoon ew all got back onto the long tail boat that would take us back to the main boat wand San began to count people. I had to tell him that the Los Angeles guy was still up at the look out but he didnt seem to care much. I tried to tell him not to go and he said 'It is ok, we will be back here tommorow!' And the guy started the boat and off we went. And that poor American guy cae\me running down the steps, waving his arms and trying to get us to come back. See I told you the Thais love to make fun of people.
The last island we went to we had lunch at and it was the best thai food I have ever had, still tryig to get used to spicy dishes tho 😞.

After the tour had ended we arranged to meet some of the Thai crew and the los anglese guys at a bar in Chaweng beach and we went home to get ready and eat. During dinner it started pouring down again but we erent going to let that stop us from having a good time. We caught a resort van to the beach but the driver had no idea where the bar was so we ended up being 30mins late and no one we were supposed to meet was there. However outside the alley we had to walk down to get to the bar were some Thai guys holding some monkeys. Unfortunately I didnt hide my enthusiasm well becasue the next thing I know I have this monkey in my arms and I am bargaining ith this guy about how much I wsa going to pay fo a polaroid photo. It ended up being 150 baht and the pic is a classice and it shows my disbelief perfectly. A little bit later we met up with Rob and james who had arrived in koh smaui the previous day and we went to the green mangoes bar.
Thats were I ran into Lizzy and Emily. Pretty random hey! It ws a good night but ened pretty poorly once again, thanku Meghan 'I drink too much' Burman. Still it was a fun night and I really love the night life in Thailand, and I love that u can just wear whatever the hell u like inluding thongs.
The next day We flew out of koh smaui and into bangkok and so ends my first instalment for tonite! xoxoxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb