Wow! Hua Hin


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lobby ViewLobby ViewLobby View

This is a view from the lobby, which is on the second floor. You can catch a glimpse of the ocean in the background.
Hello! I know its been so long since I've written and I have a lot to catch up on. First of all, our resort in Hua Hin (pronounced "Wha Hin")...is gorgeous beyond words. It gets dark early here, so when we arrived around 8:00 pm on Saturday night it was hard to get a good picture of our surroundings. I could tell by the sounds and smells that it was going to be paradise. We were greeted with cold drinks and cool towels and escorted to our room on the grounds. The grounds, of course, are lush with trees and palms and flowering plants. One tree has the most wonderful smelling white flowers. The trees hang over the pool that encircles the complex and every once in awhile a flower drops into the pool to make it look even more like paradise. At the edge of the complex is the beach- the Gulf of Thailand. When we settled oursevles and took our first trek to the beach the moon was bright and it sparkled on the sea. I know that is how many people describe the moonlight on the water, but it really did sparkle like a diamond. Maybe symbolic of
OceanOceanOcean

The Gulf of Thailand
the upcoming wedding...

But the greatest joy was seeing this resort in the daytime. We just can't get enough of the pool. Look at the pictures. The pool literally circles the entire courtyard area, going from room to room on the first floor. Instead of walking down the hallway and knocking on our friends doors, we just swim up!

I haven't talked about the heat yet. Actually, it is not as bad as I had imagined. There are times of intense heat and humidity, but most of the time the breeze is wonderful and cooling. And the evenings are very pleasant. Of course, I do feel quite sweaty right now at noon in the lobby with a computer on my lap!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

South to Hua HinSouth to Hua Hin
South to Hua Hin

The city of Hau Hin is down the beach to the south.
Infinity PoolInfinity Pool
Infinity Pool

The water in the swimming "lagoon" flows from the fountains in the lobby until it reaches the edge of the large pool by the ocean. Here it flows over the edge of a rock wall and disappears.
Our "Front Door"Our "Front Door"
Our "Front Door"

This is our room on the left next to the "waterfall stairs."


24th June 2008

Is there such a thing as too much heat?
Oh sure, rub it in about the heat! The temperatures in Ohio since we have been back are not much warmer than Iceland. The pool looks awesome and sounds a lot better than me making a mad dash in 59 degree weather to get into the very warmly heated pool. I was surprised to hear that you flew over Iceland. Yes, it was a very nice short flight! Well, I must get going. I can't wait to compare our photos of seals swimming among the icebergs to your elephants in the heat! Icelanders would freak to have elephants wandering around - the polar bear that landed from Greenland caused a national crisis! By the way, Jen, how is the pedicure holding up?
25th June 2008

Pedicure is not too bad, considering all the swimming. If I have time I'll get another and a "reflexology" foot massage. I could have done it in the city of Hua Hin, but I wanted to go shopping instead.
25th June 2008

Hi Jen..the hotel looks fabulous and the trip sounds like a blast so far! I hope you continue to have fun and don't worry about anything back here at the office!
25th June 2008

Hilton Head
Hi...everyone is doing great. Saw Greg Russell last night. Kids enjoyed it. Ate at Steamers with Joe, Patty, Christy, and Katie on Tuesday. Saw some Dolphins this early morning. A fishing boat was setting just off shore in front of our place. Sarah was very excited to see them.......she woke up the little girls so they could see them. Jeff and Mary will arrive about 7PM today. Tried to call about 10AM, but couldn't get through. Got to go....Delaney wants to go to the pool. How can we attach some pictures?

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb