Soaking up the Rays on Raili Beach, Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 24th 2016
Published: February 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 24 February
Raili Beach be explored. Quick breakfast then 15 minute walk to the Long Tail boat ticket kiosk, where for 200 baht, we book our passage to and from Raili peninsular and the Phra Nang cave, minimum 8 passengers before pilot can leave, so we wait a few minutes before motoring off, just as well our Captain is a fast beggar as the caulking on the boat is terrible and we ship lots of water the whole journey. Mental note not to use boat A 88 on our return. Our fellow passengers are a Gay Russian and his Thai partner and 4 Brazilian girls/ Ladies who had just arrived after 25 hours flying and were very much in the mood for partying - Big Time! These girls are fun! (and will never see 40 again) Very entertaining journey to the beach. From disembarking at West Raili, we realised it was a different beach to yesterday's port of call, and not quite as pretty. So we found the walking street and negotiated our way to Cave Beach. Our first destination was Phra Nang cave, she is a local Goddess of love and her symbolic Icon is an erectPenis , Leo theorises that she must have billions of acolytes as most Men love their private bits more than anything else. Whilst we are admiring the many icons (we??) .We keep a wary eye out for foolish rock climbers who are directly above our heads trying to prove their manhood by dangling on ropes three hundred feet above, neither of us thought this a plan. Moving on then, we quite literally stumble across a section of beach, cordoned off, with a large apology, 'filming crew at work'. Must have included famous Thai Actors/Actresses as many security police and crew holding umbrellas to 'protect' the film stars from the ravages of the sun. Unfortunately as the audience were foreign tourists their fame and adoration mostly went un-noticed. This is our beach day so we find a spot, determined to spend the day taking in the rays. Three hours later, despite several forays into the clear Andaman sea to swim with the tropical fish, we are beached out, retracing our steps we return to West beach for the short trip back to An Nang and our hotel. Dinner tonight at a fish restaurant recommended by friends, Paula had the unenviable delight of seeing her choice fished out of the tank prior to being steamed with Soy sauce. But the whole meal was delicious. Splendid selection of food included tempura prawn, and veg, Morning Glory, Minced Crab in Yellow Curry, garlic fried rice. Couldn't do it justice, but gave it our best shot, honestly Alf! Early start tomorrow, Phuket beckons.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb