Krabi & Koh Phi-Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
September 3rd 2012
Published: September 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We broke up our journey from Koh Phagnan to Koh Phi-Phi by spending a night in Krabi. Our hostel was lovely, really modern and clean...but we soon discovered there was nothing to do in Krabi! We went to a small food market- we bought some pineapple which they had covered in chilli salt (ew!) We explored a bit and met some sweet people who owned shops nearby (also some not too sweet people who definitely did not appreciate us visiting their town!) but anyway...we chilled at the hostel for the afternoon and watched films in the communal area. We had dinner at a lovely Italian restaurant. The restaurant was also the family living/dining room! There was a child on the table next to us attempting to do his homework, with his papers, books etc all spread out everywhere! The food was delicious and the family who owned the business were really nice.

We got a ferry over to Koh Phi-Phi the next day, where our friends met us and showed us where they were staying. We booked to stay there as soon as we saw it. Not only was it a tsunami evacuation point!! (very reassuring) but you got to
Phi-Phi Phi-Phi Phi-Phi

Our lovely little stilt bungalow in the jungle!
stay in little huts on stilts, with a hammock on the balcony and a pool nearby with a swim up bar in it! I had chips whilst swimming!!! The pool was so refreshing!

We went on a boat trip in the day and visited the famous Maya bay beach (from the film 'the beach'😉, went snorkelling, saw a viking cave and monkey beach. We travelled by traditional long tailed boats. The boats couldn't take us directly to Maya bay so we had to get out, swim a little before literally scrambling through a cave where waves kept crashing!! It was scary but fun!!

On the way back we were due to stop in the middle of the ocean to watch the sunset...but the sea was SO rough, we all got soaked and the boat was swaying so much! We all decided it was safest to head back before it got dark! As we were approaching the shore, the boat hit a rock and got stuck! The poor driver had to jump out and try to pull the boat by swimming with a rope attached to the front of it! He then made us all get to one end of the boat in an attempt to rock the boat free!! Eventually we got back in one piece!

We had another beach party which was so fun! We went to a bar which had been made out of drift wood from the tsunami. You sat in broken boats that were all named after loved ones the owner lost in the disaster.

We watched fire shows...fire limbo, fire skipping ropes etc!! and danced ourselves silly and ate several pizza slices at stupid o clock in the morning!

We only stayed in Phi-Phi for a couple of days which was a shame because we all LOVED it there! The island is car free and there are so many little alleys to explore with hundreds of market stalls and cafes. We also walked to the view point which was very muddy and hot, but had a beautiful outcome!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Maya BayMaya Bay
Maya Bay

'the beach' beach
Phi-Phi Phi-Phi
Phi-Phi

a view from near Maya Bay
Maya BayMaya Bay
Maya Bay

the ropes we had to climb across to get to the beach!
Phi-PhiPhi-Phi
Phi-Phi

viewpoint


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb