Tuesday May 5th 2009 Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
May 5th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday May 5th 2009 Ko Tao
Third cloudy day in a row, starting to feel like home, but then you dip your toe in the water and you realize that it cooks rather than gets frost bite so you know you are far far away. This was to be our last day in Ko Tao so wanted to get at least one dive in so headed up to the Irish lads diving school and booked in for one at 4, after turning up at 2 and getting told it was full. Sat around on the beach reading with Mary until about 3.30 then headed off. Just me and Mick from Ludford Park out diving so it was good, we went to a place called White rock, and it was full of fish, absolutely loads and some brilliant coral also, went down to about 18 meters which was perfect and was very comfortable throughout so was happy out. Good dive and was back ashore and home within an hour and a half. Packed up some of our gear and washing and headed out to treat ourselves to a barbeque dinner since we were doing well enough with cash. Actually found a very good value spot in Silver sands was happy hour and got a prawn and barracuda skewer for 180 baht. It was delicious, hadn’t had a good potato in ages either so we were both delighted. Went off to watch another movie in Choppers then, they were showing forgetting Sarah Marshall which we’d seen but not much else to do. Was just as good second time though and we headed downstairs to some guy playing guitar afterwards.

Joe Sam and Claire walked by then so headed off for a drink with them in the weirdest pub on the island, this little shack on the street called office bar, sat on the rickety benches outside and had a bucket being careful not to stand on the dogs head that had appeared under my feet. Two little Thai lads came along then for the obligatory nightly fire show. One of these guys was about 2.5 foot and no more than 6 and was absolutely brilliant. So good that he actually parted me with 100 baht in a tip. Headed to Lotus again then for a bit but didn’t stay long. Wasn’t fancying a big hangover on the ferry.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb