Our Relaxing Weekend in Koh Phayam, Ranong


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
December 16th 2020
Published: December 16th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes we just need to get away from stress even if it’s just for a weekend. In 2019, I was fortunate enough to go on a weekend getaway with my husband in the province of Ranong in southern Thailand. Koh Phayam is one of the most tranquil islands in Thailand. The beaches are often deserted, which makes it the perfect relaxing beach holiday.



How We Got There






Getting there was an exciting process. We flew from Bangkok to Ranong. From Ranong, we were one step away from Koh Phayam. There are two ways to get to Koh Phayam, both of which involve sea travel. To get to the pier, you can choose a motorcycle taxi or a songthaew, a short minibus.




We took the speedboat instead of the slow boat. It takes approximately 40 minutes to reach Koh Phayam via speedboat and 2 hours via slow boat. If you want to savor the scenery longer, you can choose the slow boat. But, if you want to get to the destination quickly, I’d recommend the speedboat. Seeing the current in the sea and feeling the wind on my face already caused a wave of relaxation.



Where We Stayed






Our Koh Phayam accommodations were excellent. We didn’t stay in a hotel because we chose to stay in one of the resorts by the beach. We stayed in an incredibly spacious villa in The Bamboo Bungalows. The villa we stayed in had many amenities like an air conditioning system, a fan, an in-room personal safe for our important documents and belongings, a hot shower system, mosquito nets, and a hammock. What’s great about this villa is that you can bring your pets too. The villa is 44 sqm with traditional teak wood decor. My husband and I had a beautiful time in this villa, and it’s perfect for couples and families. One of the best things in the villa is a large balcony for nature-filled relaxation. There’s also a balance between privacy and comfort.



Fun Things We Did






Being one of the most tranquil islands, we didn’t expect more activities other than lounging around. Koh Phayam offered a lot of island activities like kayaking, a scooter tour, visiting viewpoints, snorkeling, visiting the Pier Temple, and more.




Aside from enjoying tranquility, we visited the fisherman village. There, we saw several parked boats and the fishermen collecting their catch of the day. Not only that, but we also spent some time kayaking in the beautiful aquamarine sea. Fewer people meant less embarrassing moments too. You can also rent surfboards on the beach near the resort. We saw a few people catching the waves.




Since our resort is right next to the beach, we spent our time sunbathing and reading books with our toes in the sand. There were barely any people on the island as we saw the waves crash on the shore. Then, we watched the sun kiss the sea. The sky was filled with an orange hue as the sunset.




Our weekend at Koh Phayam was one of the most relaxing experiences. We were able to unwind in this secluded spot. I felt a nostalgic vibe in Koh Phayam because we forgot our problems and worries and focused on the present. The beautiful sunsets, sea views, activities, and company are what really made this trip special.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb