Good Bye Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Hat Yai
March 21st 2006
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone

1st of all sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry ive been so crap at updating you all on what were doing and where the hell we are!! From now on im definitley gonna stay in touch more often ok?Youll be sick of hearing from me and thats a promise!

The next thing you sould know is that (due to certain unforseen circumstances) theres been a slight hitch with the travel budget!! so weve decided to make a few changes to the orional plan. Instead of flying to Melbourne (where its getting cold now anyway) me and kelly are off to Sydney next for a bit more travelling and then . . . . were gonna find jobs!! Little earlier than wed hoped (3months to be precise) but oh well it had to be done sometime i guess.

Anyway seen as my last entry was so long ago weve been up to quite a bit - in summary, me and kelly left danielle in laos and went on through vietnam and then cambodia - both amazing countries, especially considering how much theyve been through, i found some of the most welcoming and friendliest people ive met yet.

After speeding through these countries we arrived back in thailand on the island of Koh Samet totally exhausted and ready for relaxing on the beaches and having some actual nights out (the frequent 7am starts in cam and viet meant this was - usually - not a good idea!) And thats basically what weve been doing ever since. After Ko samet we moved to Phangnan - host of the full moon party - got there a week before and the build up alone was wicked - samsung buckets every night (i.e. the local whisky + can of coke + bottle of redbull sold in a kiddies beach bucket and gulped down through straws). Full moon itself was amazing - the island fills with thais and westerners from all over the country and everyone parties on the beach til morning - we actualy made it till about 9am (unlike so many of the bodies sprawled across the beach - amateurs!! lol!)

After that we went to Phukt and Phi Phi (where the beach was filmed) - stayed in the same place Leo stayed - well his character anyway, which im sure should have been very exiting except ive never even seen the film! ISland was beautiful tho, went scuba diving yesterday and was amazing - we got given certificates afterwards and felt so proud, like earning my 1500m swimming badge again!! Now were in a small town near the boarder of Malaysia which were leaving for today - but just found out this place is famous for its shopping so off to investigate now!

Hope everyones well and having fun back at home

Love y'all

Nikki

Advertisement



21st March 2006

Missing you x
Siunds like your having so much fun so jealous missing you, not the same here anymore so much has changed. my friend has jus been to phi phi too!! glad your having fun cant wait to see u when u get back. keep in touch and look after yourself. love ya x x
22nd March 2006

sydney
glad to hear u guys back on track with the email updates!! sydney is amazing u goin to love it, advise to stay in wake up as such a party hostel (ledgend bar downstairs im sure u'll love) and some gorgeous guys there (which def helps) best things to do is the zoo, blue mountains, altho dont book with oz just get the train there urself for less than half the price, and obv the 2 main beaches bondi and manly.....u girls are goin to love it her. advise to get some alcohol in dutyfree to drink b4 u go out as cheaper, and the goon is mingin so can put it off for bit longer, altho def the way forward now, bit of sprit and all tasty. glad u havin good time altho think its bout time we had some gossip!! hopefully c ya up the east coast my sweets. take care. xx

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb