Culture shock!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
June 27th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Chatuchak weekend marketChatuchak weekend marketChatuchak weekend market

who buys this stuff?
wow! Bankok is simply amazing. where anything goes and you can buy anything from a millitary grade sniper scope to a wife, this seems to be the congregation point for tourists, adventurers and just crazy nutters alike. being constantly hasseled by locals and being ripped off i feel the people here have been so corrupted by western society and money they cant be trusted *only in Bankok , everywhere else they are really nice*

i have vistited the amazing weekend market here, i felt i could have spent all day here and still not seen all the strange shops, huddled on narrow streets. i was truly in awe when visiting Bankoks Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo, the royal temple. there are so many perfectly decorated buildings, all crammed so tightly together. unfortunalty however i missed the famous emrold Buddah, and most of the actual palace as the King was entertaining heads of state there. on my last day in Bankok i met up with Mike and Rachael in the famous Khao San road, where we tried to drink a bucket of rum and red bull *i think* but didnt get very far as a few sips makes you lightheaded.

After the hectic Bankok i headed to Kanachanaburi where i stayed in an increadably relaxing floating lodge *only $4* just downstream of the bridge over the River Kawi. i visited and swam in an incredable 7 tiered waterfall, and cycled my rikshaw driver the 3km to my hotel *he thought i was mad*. i am now in Ayutdhaya, Thialands old city which has alot of ruins.

im glad i took that rabies jab - there are so many stray dogs here, one even tried to attack me yesterday. Everyday i seem to meet up with someone new, everyone is really frinedly here *i still prefer tavelling by myself though*. still trying to get used to the heat and food here - i accedently ate a chilli yesterday and got laughed at as i was running around trying to find some water *which only made it worse*

I am having the time of my life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

My floatinng bamboo hutMy floatinng bamboo hut
My floatinng bamboo hut

the whole thing bobs up and down on the waves, it gets quite intresting when fast boats pass...
River Kwai BridgeRiver Kwai Bridge
River Kwai Bridge

view from my hut
My RickshawMy Rickshaw
My Rickshaw

i got quite alot of wierd looks from the locals as i cycled the driver in this to my lodge


Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb