U turn to paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wat Phra SanphetWat Phra SanphetWat Phra Sanphet

royal chapel from 1448 (whats left of it)
From Kanchanaburi (on the River Kwai) i headed north to the old capital city of Ayuttaya. i hired a bike and toured the citys ruins with Frans and Dirk (a gay Dutch couple) who i had met the night before. the whole place is truly amazing, and its hard to explain the sheer size of the ruined temples dotted around the city.

i orriginally planned to head north ot Laos, but i decided to go south to the relitivly unspoilt Island of Ko Tao for diving. it is really relaxing here, i end up spending my afternoons relaxing by the beach watching the sunset. i have just completed my PADI Open Water course, so i am qualified to dive anywhere in the world - i have already done 5 dives (max depth 18m). the coral and marine life is abundant and just amazing. i may do some more dives in Cambodia - i just love it so much.

i am slowly getting used to life as a traveller - the cockroches, moskitos, cold showers, communal bathrooms and cheap market stall food, but not the sheer heat of this place - it can completly stop me in my tracks. im continually meeting new people here, i still havent found that complete isolation i was looking for!

I randomly met up with Mike and Rachael last night, who are strangly staying next door to me and are diving with the same company (out of 40 on the island) - quite freeky. Am leaving this paradise for the mountains up north, i feel i could stay here for weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

divingdiving
diving

i feel like im gonna fall backwords with the sheer weight of the thing
sunset #2sunset #2
sunset #2

sunset the following night


10th July 2008

Hey James! Hope ur travels are going well. we are all waiting for ur next blog entry! xxxxx
26th July 2008

Welcome to world of diving
Glad your having a great time and welcome to world of diving - congratulations on getting your open water qualification ! We will have to go for a dive in the uk when you go back

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb