Final holiday fun before hitting real life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand
July 23rd 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
After all our cavalier and bountiful travel over the past 7 months, we felt life was really getting us down and we were in need of a holiday.

Its tough here you know, traipsing across Asia with only the clothes on your back and a wad of money to spend. All you workers out there don't understand just how tough it is to aimlessly go where your heart desires, sleep in every morning and let your feet take you to new and dazzling adventures every day. So have some sympathy for us - we have been doing it hard and really needed to relax a little, unwind, take a load off and just be at one with ourselves. Have some "me time".

So Bangkok, Koh Samet, Koh Chang and Samui were just the place to escape to and let our hair down. Plus a wee side trip to Singapore.

Ruth, after unceremoniously abandoning us earlier, had seen the error of her ways and thought she owed us another visit - this time with her boyfriend Chris.... who by the way, would NEVER have up and left us if it rained!

So super classy Go-Go bars in Bangkok,
the girls in this bar had PERFECT control of muscles we didn't know existed!the girls in this bar had PERFECT control of muscles we didn't know existed!the girls in this bar had PERFECT control of muscles we didn't know existed!

They could play with ping pong balls, fire darts at balloons and were particularly skilled with a trumpet.
island beaches, bars, sun, sand, seafood, fire twirlers and more bars were our agenda with Ruth and Chris, and we made up for lost time exceptionally well. And hangovers it seems are an especially good way of getting some of that much needed me-time. The highlight was a visit to the very ritzy Perfect Bar, and we left with a new found appreciation for pelvic floor exercises - not to mention some despondency that we were somehow lacking in skills in this department.

After leaving Ruth and Chris we popped over to Singapore for another visit with Soph's brother Matt and his fiance Aida for a lot of champagne and fun, and then back to Thailand for more holidaying.

Koh Samui was our next destination and Soph and I lapped it up in luxury thanks to an earlier gift from Elise's family. Reading by the infinity pool, cocktails, DVD watching, sunbaking (for Elise anyway, Soph doesn't tan), and a villa by the pool really topped off a wonderful 7 months of travel for us. We also got to catch up with Soph's cousin Lucy and some long lost friends who'd been traveling for months, Phoebe and Gus.

We had a wonderful time this last month, doing some serious relaxing in between partying.
The perfect preparation for our new life, "real life", that was waiting just around the corner..... CAMBODIA.



Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sawadee kahSawadee kah
Sawadee kah

Ruth and Elise thought they would make better receptionists than their current jobs - Ruth is a drug trial chief executive co-ordinating supervising manager, and Elise.... well she has no real job!
Football tragic Soph excited by reading the Herald-Sun footy newsFootball tragic Soph excited by reading the Herald-Sun footy news
Football tragic Soph excited by reading the Herald-Sun footy news

Soph gets the sports pages specifically delivered to all manner of exotic destinations - embarrassing really
Elephant treckingElephant trecking
Elephant trecking

Chris was pretending he was king of the jungle by "steering" his jumbo (which knew the route by heart anyway)
Continuing grace all roundContinuing grace all round
Continuing grace all round

Its harder than it looks you know!


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb