10/27-10/30


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Trang
November 2nd 2008
Published: November 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Knife Making 12 secs
2: Knife Making 2 21 secs
PA260728PA260728PA260728

Sam and I's incredible game of Jenga
By the way that last entry was regarding the weekend of October 23rd and not the weekend of October 31st.

Monday 10/27:
So this weekend we got some new volunteers, 7 to be exact. There are 3 volunteers under the age of 30 and the rest are 50 and up. Its really weird having other people here besides us. They are all very nice and seem to be very excited about being in Thailand.
Work today was the same as usual. WinWin who last week had actually seemed to be getting used to being at Day Care and had stopped crying all day long, decided that nope, he didn't like day care and continued all day to cry. It was very annoying but really sad at the same time. The part that stinks is that he won't let anyone besides one of the teachers to hold him or even try to cheer him up. But he does love to give hi fives and that will occasionally put a smile on his face, if only for a couple of seconds.
After work we had a relaxation day because the new people didn't have work today and instead went
PARTY DOGG!!!PARTY DOGG!!!PARTY DOGG!!!

Her pants said Party Dog so we totally had to have a picture
to the beach with Khem and Jack so there were no cultural experiences. It was a pretty boring afternoon. I don't really remember what I did, but probably nothing at all.

Tuesday 10/28:
Today was amazing. Khem talked to the director of the hospital and we got to go see the Babies and hold them. My camera wasn't charged so I don't have any pictures to upload on here yet but the minute Ashley and Nicole upload their pictures I'll add them.
The group went to a temple that we had already been too so I didn't go. I had a ton of stuff to do for work and just wasn't really feeling up to it.

Now lets skip to Friday because honestly nothing fun happened until then.

Friday 10/28:
No work today 😊 The first week we were here we were supposed to go to this knife making place to see them make knifes and all that fun stuff but it was raining so we couldn't go. So Khem and Jack decided we could go today. So around 10 we headed off to this little remote part of Trang to this little shed type place that had no walls and was just open to the elements. There were about 10 work stations with at least 2 people at each place. Pulling up to the building sounded like that scene in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was so cool and I can't really explain it with words so I'll let the pictures do the rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb