Andaman Coast of Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Trang
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It been a little while since I have been able to get on the internet.. 2 weeks to be exact. We have been exploring the west side of Thailand, and have been on a dive boat, and 3 different islands.
We started out on Ko Phayam (Ko means island in Thai). We had a great little beach bungalow, and the beach was nice white sand. This was the first place I got to play some beach volleyball, and boy did I really need to play. The group of players turned out to mostly be Canadians.. So we had a great time playing and hanging out with the other players. From Ko Phayam we boarded a dive boat for 3 day of diving for Christine and Snorkeling for me. We met some great fellow travelers on the boat, and the snorkeling was fantastic. It was so good I even woke up at 6 am so I would be ready for a 7 am dive. We got dropped off at Ko Surin which is a national park, we had done 6 dives around this island and the dives where great, but the accommodations on the island sucked. We pay a lot for a tent which was on a nice beach unfortunately there were neighboring tents less then 10 cm away. Also the long tail boat traffic started at 6 in the morning and was deafening. I would not recommend staying on the island to anyone. Also they charge a park fee of 400 baht per person for foreigners, compared to 80 for Thai citizens was way out of line.
We headed south down to Trang and that is where I am writing from now, we headed out to Ko Kradan. The island was very nice for snorkeling and we had a nice relaxed time there. The island had a pack of dogs that were all related, and some of them would spend the whole day with us… even guard our stuff on the beach as we swam. 4 days and 3 nights was enough of the island, and we headed back to Trang we have visited the night market and I must say I love Thai night markets.. some of the best food I have ever had. Tonight we have an overnight train to Bangkok, we can compare the experience to the Indian rail systems overnight trains.
Cheers John


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb