sat day 78


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Satun
April 12th 2015
Published: April 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So heading downstairs to book our transport to take us to Ko Lipe we were told that this was no longer an option! And that the only choice was to catch a public minibus to the port, being 2hrs away. Thinking that we were closer to the port being in Satun we were actually as near to it as when we were in Trang - so could of saved ourselves the extra journey to Satun in the end! We caught a bus to the pier and brought tickets for the boat to the island - finally we were on our way! A pleasant journey past Ko Tarutao and we had made it to Ko Lipe. The only way to gain access to the island is to dock at a pontoon then take it in turns to clamber onto small wooden long boats that take you the 300yrds to the beach! Walking along the beach we found a cheap hotel - very basic rooms for 500 baht a night ( £10) the island is very expensive for accommodation. Unpacking our stuff we headed off for a walk around the island. Being very similarly laid out to Ko Phi Phi with 2 main beaches and a very centrally located tourist shopping street, it was easy to navigate your way round. Stopping off for some dinner followed by an icecream we then sat and chilled for the evening on the beach. It felt nice to have finally made it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb