Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
August 14th 2006
Published: August 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ParadiseParadiseParadise

My camera had a few issues adapting to the change from air condition to the outdoors, hence the hazy image, but I loved this view.
Our trip down to the south island of Phuket began with four days of rain. It is monsoon season right now, so this was to be expected, but still a bit of a bummer. Luckily we were staying at a fancy resort which was pretty much like its own little city. The JW Marriott (thank you again brother Greg) is located on the northern end of Phuket and it’s the only thing in that area. But it has six restaurants, three pools, tennis courts, spa, gym, movie rentals, kids club, etc. . . so, if it’s going to rain, this is the place to be.

We went into Phuket town one day to take a look around and were reminded how much we love our air conditioned resort. We did take a walk/hike up to the very top of the town (in the middle of no where) to have lunch at this restaurant we heard about. The uphill hike was totally worth it for the amazing views and great food for $10 total. On the way down the hill we got caught in the rain so we hailed a tuk-tuk and for 50 bhat, got to experience our first (and
Our Pet ElephantOur Pet ElephantOur Pet Elephant

They love making animals out of towels here.
only) tuk-tuk ride.

After four days of rain we lucked out with sunshine every day. The surf calmed down and the beach was incredible. Warm water and white sand. Can’t ask for much more than that. Well, I guess I can. Since I was traveling with a tennis pro, what better time to dust off my tennis game again, right? Free lessons! Ben is a great teacher but he doesn’t let me get away with any sort of laziness (what. . . you’re supposed to move your feet when it’s this humid outside? Come on.) After four days of lessons I’m fired up to play again so all you back home be ready!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Beach MassageBeach Massage
Beach Massage

One hour beach massages for 400 Bhat (about $12).
Tall in Thailand is a HazardTall in Thailand is a Hazard
Tall in Thailand is a Hazard

Ben said the next foreign country he goes to needs to have tall people. He cut his head open while walking into a lantern. Woopsie.
Great SunsetsGreat Sunsets
Great Sunsets

They got better every night.
Our BeachOur Beach
Our Beach

Pretty much, there was no one else out there.
PhuketPhuket
Phuket

This says it all.


25th August 2006

Are you ever coming home
Some how I have a strange feeling that the next blog I get will be from you in India.... maybe you should just keep going east until you are in Hawaii... that would be a great way to finish... Say hi to Ben for Mark and I.. we miss you, but are so glad you are having the time of your life!
25th August 2006

oh my god......
I can't believe you ended up going to Thailand.....that is so great!!! Looks amazing. Say hi to Ben for me!
25th August 2006

Homeward bound???
I had the same question as Shannon...we miss you here too :-) Remind me not to say no to an excursion with you next time!
25th August 2006

Meet me in Tonga!?
Hey Ms Christy. Wow, this IS the trip of a lifetime isn't it?! I leave Tuesday to swim with the Humpbacks in Tonga for almost two weeks. Yes, for sure go to India, travel as long as you can and enjoy every moment. You look and sound great. Honk!
26th August 2006

WOW!
Now, I am REALLY jealous! That's an amazing place to visit, cannot believe you are there. The shots are gorgeous. We miss you!
17th February 2007

WOW!! AMAZING pictures Christy!! geeesuz..right up there in comparison with Greece. You and Ben look soo cute:) Great shots, so glad to hear you had a great time!!

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb