Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 21st 2012
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Patong, Phuket around 11am after a 15 hour journey from Bangkok by overnight coach. We had some brunch at the hostel (Bodega) and waited to check in. Got sorted in our rooms then headed straight to the beach for tanning session no.1! Patong beach is gorgeous, waves crashing up, white sand, guys bringing drinks to your beach lounger. Only downside was all the rubbish (plastic bags, nets etc) in the sea. Richard was lucky enough to find 500 baht though! Had a great time on the beach, chilling, pratting around in the sea etc. and left around 5:30, got showered and went over to the Mall for tea.

We had 'the best steak in town' and it was yummy! Wandred through the mall on our way out only to find a shooting range, just there, as one of the 'shops' in the mall. The lads fancied it so I wasnt going to say no. We went in, payed the equivalent of £20 and got 10 shots of whatever gun we fancied. I'd tell you what we each shot but I cant remember the names of the gun... all I remember is they were bloody loud! It was really cool. Never fired a gun before!

The night then got messy, venturing out to thte main street, Bangra Street. We went into a 'ladyboy bar' just to experience it and it was the strangest thing in the world. Everywhere you looked there were gorgeous women with size 12 feet, strutting around in french knickers and a shirt. My mind couldn't make sense of it all. Why did these guys have nicer bums and figures than me!? lol

Buckets, bars and beers later it was 4am, we were all hammered, sneaking chicken and pineapple pizzas into our rooms lol

We managed to sleep till 2pm the next day then ventured to the beach once more for a repeat of sun, sea and sand.

We went to Sabai Beach Restaurant for tea and had some gorgeous seafood. Great selection of crab, prawns, muscles, calamari...on the beach, next to the sea, under the stars. It was lovely.

We walked back along the beach and decided to let off a lantern each. We had a few cocktails in town at Hard Rock Cafe and enjoyed some live music.

Had an early start the following day with a ferry to catch so had a pretty early night...

Koh Phi Phi here we come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb