Koh Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
June 25th 2012
Published: July 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Koh Samui airport- a little wooden shack basically- which featured on The Hangover 2.

Got to ARK BAR resort which is by far the best accommodation yet. We have two adjoining rooms with huge double beds and a decent balcony. If I sand on my tip toes I can see the sea. The beach is literally 20 paces away, along with a pool, jacuzzi and bar! What more could we want?!

Got organised and had a bit of a swim then got ready for the all important England/Italy match.

Lonely Planet once again didn't let us down for food. Went to Gringo's, a Mexican close to Ark Bar. Had gorgeous Fajitas, freshly made on a hot place. Gorgeous!

England Shirts on, we headed out to a few bars to get the night started, eagerly awaiting the start of the match, 1:45am for us!

Decided to watch it in The Islander, an Irish bar near Ark Bar with a good atmosphere and a few other English in.

Now Im not a massive footy fan but even I was getting more and more nrvous as the night went on... then when it went to penalties we knew it was over 😞 Gutted. Once again, out of the Euros.

That wasnt the end of the night though. We werent letting the loss ruin our holiday mood. Went out, with a few of the other English, to 'Sound', a club near by. Serious dance music, great atmosphere, dodgy people, but great night.

Stayed till about 5am then decided to head back to the beach to watch the sunrise... and go for a dip... underwear on, headed in for an early morning, rather drunk swim with the lads and some other English randoms we had become best friends with as the night had gone on.

Finally went to bed at 7:30am, woke about 2ish and then went to play 'Football Golf' a short taxi ride away. Was great fun. Well worth doing. I didn't lose either!

Went to Captain Kirks for tea, a delicious seafood restraunt literally next door to Ark Bar (also reccommended by Lonely Planet).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb