Phucket strikes back!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 20th 2006
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Island HoppingIsland HoppingIsland Hopping

Phucket Island has lots small islands off its coast. Words hard to describe how green everything is there... it looks like its straight out of a fantasy movie.... We were able to enjoy our Island hopping experience with an all day kayaking tour. Great great fun!
Phucket Island, one of the most touristy area in Thailand, was probably one of the most greatly damaged areas as well when the Tsunami hit the year before. However, by the time we got there, it was apparent that all the tourist money is definitely doing its work in revitalising this popular vacation area. Not only were new four star hotels built from the ground up, they were already running smoothly and effectively... internet, room services, laundry services, new swimming pools and spas.
Many people often complain that Phucket is a bit too populated, and simply have way too many tourists. Almost everyone there was a tourist. English is definitely a car dominant language there and you can see stores, shops, foods all cater to American and European tourists. However, once you leave the vicinity of the hotel regions, the surrounding areas of Phucket is like none-other. Some of the whitest beaches and greenest seas are here, as well as one of a kind landscapes... see pics for more details!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Book this tour! Book this tour!
Book this tour!

The kayaking team and crew here is a blast! trust me, we have so much more fun than the other groups we see!
Forgot what this holiday is calledForgot what this holiday is called
Forgot what this holiday is called

Ok, so I am not sure if they put up this holiday just so they can sell some hotair balloons to tourists like myself for 5 bucks each (which is a lot for a candle and a piece of paper), but its great when thousands of people set flying these hot air balloons on the beach of Phucket Island....
Some of the best snorkelingSome of the best snorkeling
Some of the best snorkeling

But beware, there are some pretty strong riptides along the coast. I was actually swept away in one, well, so was my sister. And I went after her to try to pull her back, but the effort was pretty much in vain. We ended having to call the ship for help to pull her out.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb