THE LAND OF SMILES - KATA


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 21st 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 dawned with a brisk onshore breeze little did I know that this was a good thing. It meant that the swell was up, 3 foot and onshore is lots of fun when you are expecting a flat sea. Last time we came to Phuket it was offshore and lapping on the shore apart from every 20 to 30 minutes when a set would come through and skittle the unwitting swimmers. Today was just like a NE wind swell back home, crap but better than not surfing at all.
God works in mysterious ways and over here the big man is Buddha. He is a cool omnipotent dude and the locals have a great attitude toward life. I think the next wave of world terrorist should come from Buddhist backgrounds. Make love not war is an old cry but rings true in my philanthropic ears. These laid back people should rule the world. They could teach us all some lessons in life, move over Dr Phil you wanker.
We had some fun waves at Kata beach, the water felt like it had just come out of the hot water tap was really salty and full of plastic bags. This is the tropics and you need to readjust your attitude at these latitudes. I’m sure a few days of humidity and spicy food will sort us all out.

(Paula takes over….
Well they all say that each of us has a book in them and that is particularly the case when it’s Scott blogging and he’s had copious bottles of the local Tiger under his belt and “Scott’s playlist” pelting out the tunes!
So anyway after sunning and surfing, we headed to the old familiar Red Chair restaurant for some awesome authentic Thai – Massamun curry, Pad Se Ew and Seafood noodle soup a few drinks and the price was 275 bt or about $8.00 total! So guess where dinner was???
Cards finished off the night and you know who went out to do a brief check on the shop scene and the little town called Kata!
That’s it from TheTravellin’ Willies – we’ll tune in later for hopefully some brief memoirs!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb