Phuket Grad Trip


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 12th 2006
Published: May 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Scenic view of Phuket TownScenic view of Phuket TownScenic view of Phuket Town

Up some hill after landing in Phuket
Just back from a short grad trip from beautiful Thailand, Phuket. Went with Lee Yin, Yongfa and Hee Kang and I guess we all had a pretty good time. Things there were defintiely cheaper with all the cheap clothes, delicious food and booze.

Landed in Phuket in the morning and immediately went on a short tour around the island with the first stop at this Hill that overlooked Phuket town. Not exactly breathtaking but nevertheless a good start and overview of the place.

Jungle bungee jumping! Well, LY, YF and HK did it but I didn't cause of my tight budget and fear certainly played a part. haha....Still hopeful that I would do it one day. Next up was the ATV rides which basically was terrain driving with a buggy type of vehicle. Well worth its money although it feels a little like driving on a lightstrike vehicle. YF had a close call when he almost flipped over at one of the turns. Terrain was quite challenging coupled with elephants and their droppings along the way cause the track was shared with the elephant trekking trail! Glad we weren't trampled upon. Went temple visiting after this.
BungeeBungeeBungee

Lee Yin in mid air


Checked into Patong Bayshore Hotel and immediately went to the beach and we were greeted with beautiful white sand and glistering waters which made the whole beach really beautiful. We strolled down the beach to the sight of all the shops, angmohs and sea sports. Took a quick refreshing swim before having some seafood.

Night was spent exploring the many cheap shopping places and drinking places. Its pretty amazing how fast the place recovered from the tsunami. Everywhere, angmohs and others alike engage in booze and merry making with open soliciting of customers by food vendors, tuk tuk drivers and the local girls, guys or somewhere in between. It seems perfectly normal to openly solicit for sex , a bit unreal or perhaps its just the strict SG rules which keep our country in check.








Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

ATV terrain drivingATV terrain driving
ATV terrain driving

ATV terrain driving
Temple VisitTemple Visit
Temple Visit

Temple Visit
Thai couple prayingThai couple praying
Thai couple praying

Thai couple Praying


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb