Phuket - Take 3


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 22nd 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: 114 secs
Goodbye, BaliGoodbye, BaliGoodbye, Bali

Mike and Veronica Foster Parents in Bali
Hi Guys,

Goodbye Bali and goodbye to our foster parents Mike and Veronica.

Hello

Patong, Phuket, Take 3

The flight into Phuket was great so clear the surrounding islands just look like paradise. Johnny met us at the airport and drove us home. Yeah that's what it feels like now home! Johnny and Da the most wonderful hosts again. I really feel like I have acquired another big brother over here.

We have had another amazing 12 days. The weather is even better than last time, it's now high season so blue sky and sunshine everyday. It's a hard life!

On our first day we visited The Gibbon Sanctuary, I thought Paddy would feel right at home there. The sanctuary is doing a great job in rescuing The Gibbons from scum bags who have them drugged up and out on the streets so tourists can have their photo taken with them or restaurants have them chained up outside to supposedly encourage customers in etc. The centre have a rehabilitation programme which eventually gets most of The Gibbons back into the wild. On the return from this trip was an amazing surprise sitting on Johnny's drive in the form of a Gorgeous, shiny, new, red Ducati. It was the kindest offer from Johnny's friend Anthony, we had the keys to it for the full weekend. AWESOME!! We had a great time, the roads are great for biking and you feel like the bees knees on a real bike as 99.9% of people are on scooters.

Go-Karts 100cc fast n furious! , Paddy V Johnny

Now I'm not to sure who actually won this race. As at the start of the race Paddy is frantically waving to the stewards. I was watching from afar armed with the video camera. Later I find out the waving was to notify the guys that a large bolt had fallen out of the steering column. ( Mr.Lucky strikes again ) Then unfortunately Johnny has a crash and it was to far away to video, ( Damn! ) nothing major but bumpers bounced off both kart's. Thankfully the hiccup was the other guys fault because they have a rule if you bend it you mend it, which could work out quite costly!

Pete and Jen ( Our new friends we met in Oz our saviours )

We have had another great few days with Pete and Jen. Lots of sunbathing and beers!
Now on our first night out and chatting and reminiscing about Australia. Pete comes out with a cracking comment in front of everybody

Pete says" Not all of Australia was bad, it was good from Melbourne until..... we met you two" Oh my how we laughed until tears were rolling. I'm pleased to say we know Pete well enough to realise this was a foot in mouth moment and unintentional to hurt our feelings.

Jen moment just to even things up for Pete. We were chatting about Thai toilets ( holes in the ground ) and how awful they are! Jen said to me she didn't know what to do so she peered underneath the cubicle next door to her to see what the footing position was. Haha
( Note to self never go in a cubicle next to Jen, peeping Tom )

Thai cooking lesson

Johnny cooks the best Green Thai Chicken Curry. It beats all the restaurants we've ate in. This time it was my turn to have a go under the supervision of my own Gordon Ramsay. Da cooked up a storm with giant king prawns and crab. Heavenly food again, thankfully my assistance didn't jeopardise this, PHEW!

We have been spoilt with choice for beautiful beaches. Karon, Kata, Kata Noi,Paradise beach. Then after yesterday I think we have a new favourite Laemsing beach. It is tucked away down lots of stairs but well worth the lung busting walk down and back up. The water was crystal clear and the variety of fish was the best we have seen yet. Remembering a tip a for feeding the fish was to take a banana they seem to love it.

Another fabulous time in Phuket, we have loved every minute of it. The bowling, driving range, swimming, snorkelling, food, drinks, shopping, the great company! Even the Derby game.

THANKS AGAIN TO JOHNNY AND DA, SEE YOU IN MUKDAHAN

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Tomorrow ferry to Ao Nang, 7am EEK!























Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Thai cookingThai cooking
Thai cooking

A lesson from Johnny on how to make Green Thai Chicken Curry


28th January 2011

Hi guys!! quick update...myself and jonny have left update on 2/3 blogs before hand..sorry ,me and computers dont compute well hehe!! hope you both well Catcha soon take care missing you both xx
2nd February 2011
Hello, Patong

What's with the white T shirt,calm down fella you'll be wearing white trainers next,ha ha.
2nd February 2011
Paradise Beach

Blimey how many chair's n parasol's,you can even see the beach if you look hard enough.
2nd February 2011
Paradise Beach

Looked like a serious pic,untill i noticed the quear in the spedo's with his hand on his him,Oooh chase me.
2nd February 2011
Ducati

Was looking at buying a used Ducati 748 of Ebay untill a work pal said i'd need to take out a mortgage just to pay for a service,so the BANDIT it was,funny enough that was yellow as well.
2nd February 2011
Ducati

Like the helmet,looks simular to my CRAFT 1.
2nd February 2011
Food Market

I'd end up getting a little bit of everything just to try it.
2nd February 2011
Lamsing Beach

Blimey,are these creatures often seen in these water's,it's an ugly bugger,LOL.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb