Elephants, Carts and Guns.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 29th 2010
Published: December 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was an action packed day. We arranged to do all the tourist attractions in Phuket. Our taxi man Toto picked us up early and we were taken to the an elephant centre. We went in and had a little look at the artwork produced by the elephants and talked to some of the large elephants. Next in twos we went on an elephant ride. It was cool riding around this little village, where we also had a view of a giant buddha on the top of a huge mountain. Whilst on the trek the lady mahout made a flower ring from banboo strands and a cricket which was impressive, and showed us around a rubber plantation. We also were nearly thrown off the elephant when he didnt want to walk down a bank, scarry!! After the trek Laura and I saw a baby elephant and gave him lots of bananas, he was tiny but still really strong and grabbed my wrist and could pull me easily. I hope Robert enjoyed the elephants!!
Next we head over to the local go cart centre which was awesome. We had classy hair nets and helmets and looked pretty ridiculous. The go carts were really fast, unfortunately Robert was not! We had a race and Dad won by cheating. Laura watched and was photographer.
Now we moved on to the gun centre where Dad and Robert had a go on the colt 45 and Dad had another go on the shot guns, I had a go with the shot gun but it was a disaster. Laura was a great sport and tolerated all the man things all afternoon.
After the long drive home we head for tea down the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb